Friday, April 26, 2013

Summer 2013 Interns

We're excited to introduce our new Summer 2013 interns!  Ross, Jamie, Matthew and John will be leaving for Ghana mid May.  A little about these new interns:


Ross Pickett



Major: Finance

Minors: Marketing and Economics

“I was able to briefly participate in the SEED program through the South America study abroad two summers ago.  The experience gave me a great opportunity to apply business skills outside of the classroom in a meaningful way.  I look forward to working on SEED full-time as an intern.  I am excited to see lives changed through business ideas and expanded credit opportunities.” 


Jamie Pickett


Majors: International Business and Economics

“The SEED program aligns perfectly with my future career goals in International Development.  I hope that someday I can be financially stable enough to focus entirely on serving less fortunate people and giving back like the people who have helped me along my way. More than anything, that thought is what motivates me to succeed in school and to push myself academically.”


Matthew G. Miles


Major: Accounting

“The SEED internship seems to be an incredible opportunity to not only gain unique business experience but also a great way to develop teaching skills.  Moreover, after reading Banker to the Poor by Muhammad Yunus I have gained a strong conviction of the benefits of micro lending and now consider myself passionate about the idea and values behind it.  I am very excited to help the poor free themselves from the chains of poverty and create a better life for themselves and their families.”

John Johnson


Major: International Business

Minor: Marketing and Finance

 I love helping people and hope to do something that will influence the world for good each day…  I want to do this internship because I think it will be a great opportunity to gain some perspective and a wonderful learning experience. I look forward to using my knowledge that I gain through life to help others.”

  




No comments:

Post a Comment