Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Matthew Miles-Summer 2013- Goals and the SEED Program


Matthew Miles- Summer 2013

25 June 2013

I had many reasons I wanted to do this internship with Wasatch Social Ventures through Utah State University.  Teaching principles, analyzing business plans, and gaining another cultural experience are all things that I felt would help in reaching some of my future goals.  Since spending the last month and a half in this foreign country I have come to realize that this is true.  I have also learned much and have developed an interest other things I can now call new goals.

One of my goals in life is to take some opportunities to work internationally.  Whether that means staying in the United States and traveling abroad, living in a different country altogether, or a mixture of both, the experiences I am having in Ghana are both qualifying and exciting me to do so.
Being able to help people develop, analyze, and improve business plans has also been an incredible experience.

I feel that this is a great hands-on approach to learning about business plans and entrepreneurship.  It has been a good supplement to the classroom education I have received.  As a result of this experience I now have a desire to return and do this same thing but on a larger scale.  I have a new goal to analyze bigger businesses and their business plans sometime in my future career.

Being able to experience what I have here has moved me closer to accomplishing my goals as well as inspire new ones.  

No comments:

Post a Comment